The Communication Coordinator, Advertising and Partnerships, serves as an overarching key member of the team supporting the department's day-to-day operations, ensuring that all aspects of the Communications department run smoothly. This individual will handle broad communications responsibilities and organization in addition to assisting the team with various administrative functions and operational duties, and will be involved in special projects across the group.
• Support administrative needs of the Communications department (coordinate calendar, IT and facilities services, set up and produce virtual meetings, keep external press lists and internal distribution lists up to date, maintain executive bios & headshots, organize team files, assist with meeting prep, as well as help to manage billing, invoices and expenses, and assist with meeting prep book travel as needed)
Monitor, Research, Distribute, Apply Knowledge:
• Responsible for ongoing press tracking as well as the daily morning clips process; monitoring major papers, trades and online outlets for relevant NBCUniversal news and industry clips and distribute to multiple audiences including NBCUniversal senior executives, the various communications teams and division-wide Advertising & Partnerships Clips distribution
• Organize events and awards calendars and continue to develop these types of critical team assets over time
• Regularly research and provide short summaries on industry news and updates. Consistently update and maintain communications for the Weekly Update and distribute to members of Communications team and senior executives
• Be able to utilize learnings from this research and apply it to speaking engagements and other communications
Project Manage from a Communications Perspective:
• Serve as a key member of the Communications team, helping execute internal and external initiatives including implementation of events (virtual and in-person), ideation of pitches, stories, and speaking opportunities; and more
• Project manage with external groups such as news outlets/journalists, partners, our Writing Agency as well as internally with key marketing and creative counterpart
• Assist in preparing the key executives on the logistics of events/interviews, run of show, participants, background information, and talking points.
• Minimum 1 year work experience in communications, media and/or advertising preferred
• Some experience working events, using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) preferred
• Bachelor's degree required
• Excellent at problem-solving, taking initiative (reaching out and following up without being prompted in order to meet deadlines), proactively multi-tasking, and the ability to prioritize with precise attention to detail.
• The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams as well as adapt and learn new technology
• Proven ability to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with a calm demeanor
• A positive attitude and an excitement for the work and the overall mission
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
• Strong writing skills with ability/potential to see the full business picture when creating a narrative.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization (from Assistant to Chairman)
• An interest in communications, social media, events, as well as the advertising and entertainment industry
• A creative perspective, being comfortable sharing new ideas and having a sense of design and aesthetics.