Commerce Partnerships Editorial Assistant (PEP)
TODAY Digital, the multiplatform arm of America's favorite morning show, is looking for a temporary branded commerce editorial assistant to produce digital content in our CMS and write paid shopping articles for our affiliate partners.
The temporary editorial assistant will be responsible for supporting our branded commerce editor on multi-platform partnership campaigns. The main responsibilities will include managing the paid content production workflow (from importing copy and art to adding and updating shopping widgets in our CMS) and tracking all components of paid content initiatives. This person will also have the opportunity to pitch and write custom shopping content for our affiliate partners as well as social copy. The ideal candidate will have a mix of organizational, editorial and analytical skills with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to pivot between different projects throughout the day.
This is a one-year position beginning in October 2022 and ending in October 2023. Candidates must be available to work 35-40 hours per week. This is a hybrid position (in person in our New York City office Tuesdays-Thursdays with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays).
• Write and build custom shopping articles in our CMS, with a focus on content tied to a year-long partnership with a large national retailer
• Manage the production of shopping widgets
• Code and optimize paid commerce posts based on affiliate partnerships and SEO
• Assist the Branded Commerce Editor with strategic content promotion, from securing newsletter placements to writing copy for SMS alerts and social posts
• Assist in managing the partnerships content calendar and help track project deliverables
• Support the commerce team with additional tasks and projects as needed
• 1-2 years writing experience, commerce is a plus
• Understanding of CMS and editorial workflow
• Some editorial and project management experience
• Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multitask
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and knowledge of AP style
• Strong editorial judgment and sense of the TODAY voice and audience
• Interest in shopping trends and discovering new products that will resonate with TODAY readers
• Familiarity with affiliate marketing platforms a plus
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjnp41-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.