Associate Crime News and Features Editor
New York, NY
TODAY Digital, the multiplatform arm of America's favorite morning show, is looking for a Commerce Editor to join our fast-growing team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about shopping, discovering new products, reporting, and can accurately decipher marketing jargon to help readers make well-informed shopping decisions. This person will be responsible for assigning and editing shoppable content focused on a wide range of topics including, fashion, home, parents, beauty, health and food.
This person will also work closely with the Editorial Director to manage Shop TODAY's daily content calendar, including planning for tentpole events, seasonal franchises and larger-scale projects. They will also develop Shop TODAY's style guide and manage our interns and Pages.
As someone who will have a hand in expanding Shop TODAY's commerce content footprint, this person should also have a mix of editorial and analytical skills with a firm understanding of SEO, grammar and AP style.
• Assign, edit and publish multiple Shop TODAY articles on a daily basis including timely news-pegged content, evergreen roundups and celebrity interviews
• Conceptualize, pitch and execute shopping features, franchises and season content packages
• Collaborate with the Editorial Director to plan and execute the Shop TODAY editorial calendar, including tentpole events and larger-scale projects
• Hire, onboard and manage commerce interns and Pages
• Provide CMS and production training and guidance to the team, including interns and Pages
• Develop and implement a Shop TODAY style guide
• Optimize content for search and based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Contribute to the growth of Shop TODAY by brainstorming new ways to engage readers and drive traffic/sales across all digital platforms
Experience and Skills:
• 3+ years of editing experience in digital media, preferably
with commerce experience
• Exceptional knowledge of grammar and AP Style
• Proven experience with copy editing
• Experience managing a team and working with freelance
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and excellent
verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work
across multiple teams
• Familiarity with affiliate marketing platforms a plus
• Strong editorial judgment and sense of the TODAY voice
• Interest in shopping trends and discovering new products
that will resonate with TODAY readers
• Comfortable analyzing data to make informed editorial
• Knowledge of SEO best practices