The Casting Coordinator is responsible for the overall selection, coordination and scheduling of extras and for providing support to the Talent Department.
• Reads and interprets the script within the context of character portrayal and description to ensure the appropriate selection of talent
• Determines different extra universes to request talent proposals (in cases of extra continuity, for example – high school, work offices, general public, etc.) and general extras to be used throughout the project
• Direct communication with extra's agencies and managers throughout the entire production and request extra's proposals as needed
• Responsible for evaluating extras proposals from managers and schedule casting presentation with general producer for approval.
• Help if needed with casting submissions and schedule casting presentations for Main Cast, Guest Starts and Day Players
• Creates the project on Smartsheet or similar casting platforms to have all extras pictures and contact information in the system
• Reviews and/or prepares a detailed PowerPoint presentation with photos and proposals of extras to general producer for approval on a weekly (or as needed) basis
• Responsible of all extras requests made by producers throughout all of the production
• Sending the weekly extra request to the managers/agencies via email and also the weekly tentative schedule. Responsible for confirming to agencies. which extras are approved.
• Responsible for COVID-19 extra's schedule (productions process) to send Covid coordinator all necessary information
• Responsible to send daily extra's breakdown to production for the following day for awareness
• Responsible of post-mortem presentation at the end of the production
• Responsible for assisting manager in placing calls to agents in an effort to check the availability of selected actors and or schedules appointments with actors and/or agencies if needed it
• Acts as the liaison between the Talent Department and extras and assists in determining and coordinating the schedules and arrival of talent
• Works under the direct supervision of the Casting/Talent Director and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by manager.
• Responsible for finding and selecting special requests (dancers, stand in doubles, models, etc) through different agencies and approving with production
• Minimum 1 year of experience in the TV production industry it's a plus
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Internet search engines and other programs
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions if necessary
• Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Prior experience working for a casting/talent agency or similar company
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• An influential team player
• Customer service oriented
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7b356-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.