The Counsel of Business & Legal Affairs is an attorney position and will support Telemundo Global Studios for NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises based in Miami, FL.
• Under the supervision of a senior attorney, negotiate, draft, interpret, and review an extensive range of production related agreements for Spanish-language scripted programming produced in the United States, Latin America and Europe, including but not limited to talent, director, producer, crew, writer, location, vendor, tradeout, and production services agreements.
• Serve as legal liaison for day-to day production legal matters with third-party production companies.
• Review, analyze and interpret agreements in an accurate and timely manner and provide practical, logical and sound legal advice on potential risks/issues and outline proposed recommendations.
• Provide rights analysis of Telemundo's scripted productions and format rights.
• Create deal summaries, maintain and administer day-to-day contractual and operational matters including preparation letters and memoranda to internal and external clients and presentations to senior-level management, etc.
• Other projects and assignments, as needed.
• Member in good standing with the Florida Bar or member in good standing of another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel • JD or LLM degree from an accredited, top-tier law school, law review a plus • Minimum of 3 years of legal experience as in-house counsel in the entertainment industry or major entertainment law firm, production experience strongly preferred • Legal experience working on international business matters • Excellent negotiation, drafting, research and analytical skills
Additional Job Requirements
• Spanish language fluency. Must be able to negotiate, draft, interpret and review documents in English and Spanish and must be willing to submit transcripts
• Must be willing to work in Miami, Florida
• • Must be willing to travel internationally as circumstances necessitate
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Experience drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements related to scripted productions a plus • Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• A self-motivated, self-starter, proactive attorney capable of working independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment • Excellent time management and organizational skills • Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines • Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and make effective, practical decisions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xqxq-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.