Are you ready to help make an impact with a media organization undergoing an exciting transformation? Does helping create and drive a culture of communication, knowledge sharing and upskilling across a large diverse team excite you? Do you enjoy helping design and implement communications, technology and processes that help organizations operate more effectively? If the answer is yes, then read on!
The Business Operations group within the NBCU Local HQ Technology & Operations team is looking for you to join as a Business Enablement Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Business Enablement, you will help support this mission across a wide range of daily operations and strategic initiatives.
You'll will be a great fit if:
• You enjoy collaborating with leadership teams to help turn ideas, insights and strategies into compelling presentations and materials that help tell the story and communicate effectively.
• You know how to keep the train on the tracks (you understand project management fundamentals and can take administrative ownership of meetings, agendas and documentation for initiatives to drive the conversation and achieve goals.)
• You have a passion for process documentation and adherence.
• You are a good communicator and can help others be one too!
• You speak fluent PowerPoint and are a SharePoint guru (or can become one!)
• You've earned your stripes (2-3 years' experience in similar role)
• You will enjoy learning about new technology and applying it to business challenges (especially media production workflows).
• You are an organized self-starter that effectively prioritizes, takes initiative, and thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
• You enjoy helping people and can directly engage across a diverse group of stakeholders from users to executives.
• You know what emotional intelligence is and can demonstrate it.
• Creation of presentations, business communications and marketing-style documentation for projects and initiatives, product enhancements, announcements, events, trainings and instructional guides, senior leadership reviews and dissemination of information across the division. Offer recommendations for new outlets to share information, and contribute to division-wide communications (newsletters, keynotes, etc.)
• Assist in developing and delivering training content that makes complex concepts come alive in hands-on, instructor-led, virtual, or online training sessions for key technology, applications, and processes across TechOps, Sales, and additional areas of the business
• Partnering with subject-matter experts to curate and maintain documentation that can be used to build knowledge management libraries, training curriculum, process maps, and manuals/guides
• Lookahead meeting and agenda preparation for division and department meetings, travel/offsites, budget reviews, and tentpole events
• Managing shared and permission-based department calendars and repositories for distribution and contact lists, evergreen materials, logo/file libraries and catalogs, and software licensing administration
• Driving operational improvements by fostering an ''automate and simplify'' mentality toward information management and routine processes.
• Being a key resource to users and divisional stakeholders for important organizational and departmental documentation and information
• Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment in complex and sensitive situations. Confidentiality will be a critical part of this role.
• Working knowledge of Camtasia Studio, Articulate Rise, Docebo, Pluralsight, Campaign Monitor or other marketing email tools, learning management, Web/Content CMS tools a plus
• B.A. or equivalent experience
• Experience and intermediate expertise across an array of business tools (including but not limited to Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Smartsheet)
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours on occasion
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1y92-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.