Business Affairs Coordinator
Universal City, CA
The primary function of the Business Affairs Coordinator is to efficiently support two (2) Business Affairs executives at Universal Studio Group in their day-to-day job responsibilities, while demonstrating an ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines. Solid time management and multi-tasking skills are essential. Position requires an individual who is highly organized, exhibits excellent judgment, is a self-starter and has an ability to work with a high level of detail, while interfacing with a variety of creative clients and high-level executives (internally and externally). Additionally, the individual will handle heavy call volume/correspondence/drafting/invoice processing. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion are expected in regards to all matters and documents.
• Draft basic form agreements, revise/redline/proofreading of agreements, writing correspondence, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, heavy filing, arranging travel, and other administrative duties as assigned. Maintaining and updating of weekly status reports. Developing and implementing office systems and procedures, which support the overall department's needs and those of the executives to which this position reports.
• Determine importance of meeting requests and schedule accordingly.
• Processing and administering invoices and payments for various vendors and talent, ensuring timely and accurate processing.
• Act as liaison with all internal and external offices. Ability to strategically problem solve and find solutions, as required.
• Manage the distribution of office correspondence, contracts/memos and incoming calls.
• Manage special projects as designated, specifically, dealing with administrative and coordination issues.
• May provide administrative support to other members of the Business Affairs team.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 1 year of experience in Business Affairs or Business and Legal Affairs experience in TV (preferably at a studio or network) supporting senior executives preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• A team player with strong work ethic
• Strong written and communication skills
• Highly motivated self-starter