The primary function of the Business Affairs Coordinator is to efficiently support Business Affairs executives at Universal Studio Group in their day-to-day job responsibilities, while demonstrating an ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines. Solid time management and multi-tasking skills are essential. Position requires an individual who is highly organized, exhibits excellent judgment, is a self-starter and has an ability to work with a high level of detail, while interfacing with a variety of creative clients and high-level executives (internally and externally). Additionally, the individual will handle heavy call volume/correspondence/drafting/invoice processing. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion are expected in regards to all matters and documents.
• Draft basic form agreements, revise/redline/proofreading of agreements, writing correspondence, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, heavy filing, arranging travel, and other administrative duties as assigned. Maintaining and updating of weekly status reports. Developing and implementing office systems and procedures, which support the overall department's needs and those of the executives to which this position reports.
• Work in partnership with our Business Affairs Administration group to track deals and continue to build process for deal tracking in partnership with various teams.
• Be able to expertly navigate in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel in order to keep logs, trackers, and records.
• Determine importance of meeting requests and schedule accordingly.
• Processing and administering invoices and payments for various vendors and talent, ensuring timely and accurate processing.
• Act as liaison with all internal and external offices. Ability to strategically problem solve and find solutions, as required.
• Manage the distribution of office correspondence, contracts/memos and incoming calls.
• Manage special projects as designated, specifically, dealing with administrative and coordination issues.
• May provide administrative support to other members of the Business Affairs team.
• Bachelor's degree
• Desired 1 year of experience in Business Affairs or Business and Legal Affairs experience in TV (preferably at a studio or network) supporting senior executives preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• A team player with strong work ethic
• Strong written and communication skills
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3m1zn-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.