The Broadcast Producer will be responsible for assisting the Production & Editorial Director with the production operations, supervision, and organization of entertainment and news content for Hoy Dia.
• Responsible for creating, producing, and supervising day to day work activities
• Liaises with Producers, On Air Talent, Assignment Editors, and Writers to predict, promote, and plan weekly content by encouraging clear themes and relevant content
• Monitors and maintains quality thresholds for style, visuals, and creative input
• Supervises editorial content on multi-platform deliveries
• Ensures all broadcasting legal requirements are closely monitored and met while on production or remotes, including collecting consent forms for contributors and creative contributions, putting in place special requirements and permissions for guests, interviewees, or those involved in court proceedings, and applying the normal laws of defamation for any news content
• Reads content and identifies potential errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
• Verifies facts using standard reference source
• Works with producers and writers to help their ideas and stories succeed
• Works under the direct supervision of the Production & Editorial Director and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, communications, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years television entertainment and/or news experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience as a News or Entertainment Producer
• Minimum 1 year of experience in coaching, leading, and motivating a team
• Fluency in Spanish and English
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL
• Must be 18 years or older
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Exhibits knowledge of current entertainment industry trends for the Latin/Hispanic Market in the US
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrated self-starter with a highly developed rolodex of contacts within TV industry highly preferred
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9o63-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.