NBCUniversal is looking for a Video Operations Associate to work in a fast-paced, innovative, and challenging environment supporting NBC Entertainment's growing library of programming on NBC.com and apps, as well as third-party providers and social platforms.
You will be a key contributor to our media distribution and delivery efforts using your operational skills to collaborate with cross divisional teams to efficiently service a high volume of incoming content requests against mission critical daily publishing requirements.
The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of video publishing supply chains and experience with quality control (QC) protocols and support.
• Gather, ingest and publish long-form and short-form video assets for distribution to various platforms including NBC.com and apps, YouTube, Facebook, Hulu
• Provide QC support of assets to verify playback across platforms
• Collaborate with internal and external teams on mission critical deadlines for asset delivery ensuring content falls in line with stakeholder needs and requests
• Track incoming volume of video assets, validate metadata integrity and input into internal data systems
• Assist with developing best practices to streamline workflows that ensure assets meet the required delivery specs
• Associate degree, accredited program certification, or equivalent work experience
• 1 year of entertainment industry or digital media experience
• Working knowledge with content management systems used for multi-platform syndication
• General understanding of data transfer protocols, workflows and methods. Aspera, Signiant, HTTP, etc.
• Familiarity with non-linear editing systems and Adobe CS applications
• Experience working in Airtable, JIRA and/or Smartsheet a plus
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• General understanding of traditional TV landscape and OTT services
• Strong attention to detail with a commitment to quality and accuracy
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Proactive solutions attitude with ability to prioritize multiple time sensitive requests in a high-pressure environment
• Creative problem solver with a willingness to try new things when all else fails
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3yxp-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.