QA Analyst, Digital Sales Operations
New York, NY
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
Want to work with one of America's most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We're currently looking for an eager and hungry Associate Social Media Editor to join our innovative social team. This role will report to TODAY's Social Media Lead and will be responsible for helping to drive TODAY's social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok, and drive the brand forward to the next generation of audiences.
• Create, write and edit social posts for optimization across our various social platforms, including social headline writing and post copy. This includes content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
• Ensure that social media copy is flawlessly composed, with special attention to grammar and spelling.
• Maintain focus and accuracy during breaking news and high-pressure news situations; keeping as many platforms as active as possible while news happens
• Look at analytics to see how our platforms are performing against KPIs and brainstorm ideas to help reach new audiences to meet those goals.
• Collaborate on new and innovative social projects to bring in new audiences for the TODAY brand, with a focus on Instagram and TikTok.
• Manage relationships with broadcast teams to think creatively about broadcast and social integrations
• Coordinate with editors on show teams, site programming, and marketing
• Bachelor's Degree in communication, journalism or a
similar relevant field of study
• 2+ years editing in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news, video editing, and
dedicated social publishing experience.
• A passion for social and digital media, and following
latest trends in the social media space
• A drive to innovate and think creatively across text, video
• An understanding of how to optimize content for each
• Demonstrated experience with managing breaking news,
video editing, and packaging/publishing on social media
accounts for a news outlet(s)
• Exceptional and proven expertise in detail orientated
Additional Job Requirements:
• Willingness to work east coast (NY-based) hours
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to
prioritize while multitasking.
• Prior experience in video editing is preferred.
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment
• Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part
of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
• Experience analyzing social and site analytics, and
• Experience with live television production
• Experience as a site editor or similar digital media
• Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands