We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Associate Producer role at Nightly News is a premiere role to help TV journalists take their careers to the next level. A Nightly News Associate Producer contributes editorially and functionally, owning key production aspects of the show, including: headline producing, graphic producing and tape producing. The role also provides a pathway to producing pieces for Nightly News, setting AP's up for the future.
• Assist with all aspects of production, from editing VO's for the broadcast, to coordinating graphics, to tape producing.
• Assist producers and senior producers in the development of stories – booking, pre-interviewing, and element-gathering.
• Pitch and Produce. AP's on Nightly News are expected to pitch stories and then develop, produce, and sometimes write the pieces for air on the broadcast.
• Must have at least five years of editorial experience working in production at the network or cable level, preferably with evening television
• Must have a Bachelor's degree
• Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Must be willing and able to travel and work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Shooting and desktop editing skills, and preliminary package producing skills required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• DV shooting experience
• Knowledge of desk editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $65,000 - $80,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxjzpz-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.