Daily Pop is looking for an Associate Producer to join our entertainment talk show team. The ideal candidate will be a pop culture buff with strong writing, research and social media skills. You must demonstrate strong editorial judgement and be a flexible team player. News experience a must, talk show experience a plus.
- Pitch timely entertainment and lifestyle stories that will incite lively conversation
- Research stories – get the facts and relevant background information to help inform hosts
- Light writing of concise but conversational scripts
- Gathering video and photo elements to support stories
- Knowledge of social media and pitch ideas to build our following
- Work with an editor to cut clips, soundbites and short packages.
Occasional field producer
- Liaison with graphics producers, photo editor and media coordinator to ensure that all elements are available for segments.
- Work closely with editors to enhance a segments look and feel
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-4+ years of experience in a news production environment
• Experience working in show production
• Passion for entertainment and pop culture
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of iNews a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33oqn-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.