Contracts Specialist, Corporate Legal Affairs
New York, NY
The Associate Counsel, Legal Affairs will handle a diverse range of legal matters for the Entertainment Networks Group, related to the production, co-production, licensing, and exploitation of unscripted and alternative entertainment programming.
• Draft, review, negotiate, analyze, and interpret a variety of agreements including production services, talent, license, digital rights and technology, and other similar agreements.
• Create, update, analyze, and manage forms and legal documents.
• Conduct legal research and analysis on new and complex areas of the law and prepare written summaries and relevant updates for other attorneys.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• Liaise with internal business and creative clients and legal department contacts as well as outside counter-parties (e.g., talent attorneys and agents, production company counsel).
• Collaborate with members of the Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs team on projects with significant business impact.
• Perform other tasks as requested by Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs and other attorneys.
• Law degree.
• JD and member of a state bar in good standing.
• Entertainment, media/technology, intellectual property, or other relevant subject matter expertise.
• 1-3 years of experience.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.
• Superior legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiating, analytical, and strategic thinking abilities.
• Flexible, creative thinker with the ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise.
• Sound business judgment and calmness under pressure while managing a high volume of wide-ranging matters.
• Ability to work independently and interact with legal and business personnel of all levels.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Experience researching, analyzing, and summarizing the law.
• Demonstrated capacity to proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Outstanding analytic, communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Careful attention to detail.
• Collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vxx9-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.