Reporter / Anchor, NBC6
Enterprise story ideas for coverage and interview subjects. Execute breaking news coverage. Coordinate reporters and field crews to cover news. Monitor police scanner and have contacts with resources in the community. Communicate with production staff and management on the status of coverage and stories. Establish network of contacts and sources across South Florida. Coordinate with assignment manager and planning manager any carry-over of stories from day to day. Monitor electronic and printed sources for news.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with coworkers and community.
• Able to work weekends and flexible hours (including overnights) depending upon news coverage & able to return to work in emergencies.
• Must submit a resume/CV online.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Political Science preferred.
• Prior experience at an assignment desk.
• Experience in local news coverage.
• Strong resources and contacts in the community
• Solid news judgment and awareness of local and national news.
• Ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions and act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
• Strong ability to assign, direct and supervise broadcast news coverage.
• Strong research skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyob7q-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.