NBCUniversal's Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a highly organized Assignment Desk Editor. As an NBC5 Assignment Desk Editor, you will gather information and set up stories, react aggressively to breaking news, update our digital platforms including NBCDFW.com and contribute story ideas.
• Assign reporters, photographers, and other personnel to cover stories
• Monitor social media, police radios, electronic/printed sources for potential news content
• Post stories & content to NBCDFW.com and NBC5's social media channels
• Assist producers, reporters, and photographers with researching stories and gathering information
• Answer newsroom phones and respond to viewer e-mails
• Set up and coordinate live remotes inside and outside the building
• Minimum 4 years experience working on a television assignment desk
or in the newsroom
• Previous work experience requiring organization and research skills
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, just south of DFW Airport
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
• Must work well under pressure.
• Knowledge of Dallas-Fort Worth market.
• Self-starter with great social media skills and strong news judgment
• Ability to work contacts and react quickly and aggressively to breaking news and developing stories
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnm0p-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.