• Gathering information on newsworthy events and write, produce and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned. Will need to be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.
• Create report and help produce news specials and packages, based on either breaking news or on pre-planned stories that were promoted ahead of time.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, both long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition and paper trails.
• Large community involvement, making a reasonable amount of appearances tied into the viewer community
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local news stories.
• Stay informed on newsworthy events locally and nationally
• Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
• 5 years of experience as a television anchor or reporter
• BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Candidate should have the ability to read and understand a variety of materials ranging from daily newspapers to technical reports and legal papers.
• Candidate should have the ability to investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.
• Individual should have a basic understanding of desktop computers and the ability to learn Dalet/Windows system as well as new systems as they are implemented.
• Should have a developed ability to use the Internet to seek information.
• Should be well presented on-camera and be able to deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with those people in the news department and other departments throughout the station.
• The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal NBC employees and external organizations is an essential function of this job.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and stressful environment and act as a team player.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions while meeting deadlines and handling multiple projects.
• Demonstrated ability of good news judgment
• Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g654y0-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.