As a marketplace leader, NBCUniversal Advertising Sale & Partnerships prides itself on its success in building solutions which have helped reshape the industry. In 2022, a key priority of Ad Sales is to elevate our industry-leading team of Insights and Research professionals by providing the marketplace with a deep understanding of consumer perceptions and behaviors, designed to help our clients meet their business objectives.
In response to this business goal, we have organized our teams to focus on key areas of expertise and interest for our clients. To help meet our goals, we are looking for an Analyst for our Insights & Research Team. This team member their will use primary and secondary research sources to help examine what we watch as a society, but more importantly – why we watch. They will be developing insights centered on the who, what, when, where, and why of consumer behavior across the most iconic entertainment, news, and sports properties in the world.
In addition, this role will be contributing towards materials and presentations, primarily focused on the Peacock streaming platform. Such materials include core pitches and go-to-market deliverables.
You should be interested in this role if you feel you want to help reshape how we talk about consumer trends across the media ecosystem. This is a role for people ready to learn new things, work at the forefront of the evolving video ecosystem, and collaborate with some of the smartest people in our business. If you are looking for a vibrant, exciting, collaborative environment to share your insights – you may have just found your next job.
• Partner with the Director and Manager of Insights & Research to work on both internal and external data sets that are aligned with NBCU Ad Sales and client objectives
• The ability to pull and present data in a way that creates ''actionable analytics'' for NBCU Ad Sales and their clients. Spreadsheets and excel charts are not enough for this role – we require the individual to have a passion for digging into the data and looking for the ''why'', the ''how'', and the ''now what?''
• Analyze large 1st and 3rd party data sets, apply analytical and statistical rigor, and distill information into salient insights
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferred in relevant field (Business, Market/Consumer Research, Marketing, Communications, or related field)
• Strategic thinker who can interpret data and translate data into actionable insights
• Deep knowledge of content and offerings across video landscape (linear TV, digital video sites and apps, distributed partners i.e., YouTube, Hulu etc.)
• Outstanding project management and time management skills
• Master of Microsoft Office suite (PPT, Excel, Word)
• Experience partnering with a fast-paced, high performing sales team is a plus
• 1-2 years' experience in consumer insights, media research, digital analytics, or experience working with a streaming platform is also a plus
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
This role will require an individual who is skilled in data analytics and project management as the team often has multiple projects running at once.
You should be interested in this role if you feel you meet most of the above criteria and want to help reshape how we talk about consumer trends across the media ecosystem. This is a role for people ready to learn new things, work at the forefront of the evolving video ecosystem, and collaborate with some of the smartest people in our business. If you are looking for a vibrant, exciting, collaborative environment to share your insights, you may have just found your next dream career.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9yz6-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.