The Administrative Assistant assists the two Vice Presidents in Universal's NY Publicity office while also working with the entire department in executing campaigns for our feature films. The individual in this position will be tasked with handling all administrative duties within the department. Exceptional communication skills are crucial as is the ability to instinctively prioritize and juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
• Administrative duties such as answering phones, maintaining the publicity calendar and updating reports
• Working screenings, premieres and press junkets as well as working with talent at appearances and various events
• Fully absorb, understand and prioritize all internal hierarchies and functions; including major national press, filmmakers, talent and industry figures
• Will be responsible for talent schedules, booking hotels and cars and managing screenings
• Order supplies and manage bills for all vendors
• Review magazines, newspapers and websites to break any Universal Pictures mentions
• Create & maintain screening and reaction memos, RSVP lists & awards screening lists
• Participates in brainstorming meetings and help to develop screening strategies and positioning
• Assist with NY event organization and logistics
• Assist in assigning day-to-day responsibilities for department Page
• Stay current on industry news, media/film trends, competitive landscape and overall zeitgeist
• Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
• 1+ year administrative experience
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime during the week and on weekends, when necessary
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• 4-year college degree in marketing or related field.
• Experience in the entertainment industry (including internships) preferably in marketing, promotions or publicity
• Flexibility to maintain ever-changing schedules and itineraries
• Able to work well under pressure and be flexible in an ever-changing environment
• Professional work ethic when working with talent at various events and appearances
• Strong written and communication skills at all levels
• Extremely detail orientated and organized
• Excellent computer skills and strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj238w-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.