At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news, and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The NBCUniversal Advertising Sales business has been united as one, seamless portfolio with a powerful ability to amplify an advertiser's message and reach the right consumer in precise, targeted ways. With two broadcast networks (English and Spanish language), 17 cable properties and more than 50 digital properties, advertisers can build ideas around their brands that leverage our unparalleled range and diversity of networks, channels, and digital platforms.
The NBCUniversal BOLD Vets Account Services Residency is a one-year, ASR program focused on hiring Veteran candidates into our Account Services division within Business Operations & Services. Through this program, you will gain hands-on experience, build relationships, and make an impact from day one. The program also offers ongoing training and development meant to prepare Veterans for potential full time staff positions within Ad Sales at the end of the program.
In this residency, you will have the opportunity to work as Account Services Representatives, primarily responsible for maintaining all aspects of account management while providing timely and accurate information to the sales team and to clients.
Depending on assignment, residents will have the opportunity to work across our One Platform in Linear Sales supporting multiple departments such as Advertising Sales, Inventory, Strategic Planning, Commercial Operations, Finance and Billing.
• Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all upfront and scatter deals in order management system
• Develop strong understanding of our products and capabilities to better develop solutions for advertisers
• Serve as the first line of contact with internal and external entities to ensure proper maintenance of advertisers' schedules
• Support and enhance agency relationships by monitoring requests and ensuring commercial spots are booked according to guidelines
Deal Maintenance and Stewardship:
• Schedule commercials and coordinate client brand allocations, reconcile account discrepancies, send flowcharts and issue change notices to clients
• Steward deals through careful monitoring of delivery
• Offer recap packages to clients as needed and as available
• Develop a strong working relationship with Commercial Operations guaranteeing a timely and precise order process
• Collaborate with Sales Planner, Account Executive and Marketing to ensure that all marketing elements are properly booked and executed
• Identification and resolution of invoice discrepancies and adjustments
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 4+ Military Years of Service
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY in a hybrid capacity. Tuesday - Thursday on-site, Monday/Friday remote
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and handle projects independently, as well as part of a team
• Ambitious and highly motivated
• Client Service and/or Account Management experience a plus.
• Must have strong communication/interpersonal skills, be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, be detail oriented and responsive, deadline driven and have strong quantitative reasoning skills.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $56,000 + overtime eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nj19-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.