Role Summary & Purpose:
The Account Executive is responsible for partnering with local clients, both on the agency level and direct, to create innovative and unique multi-platform marketing and advertising solutions that target a client's demographics and products/services. The Account Executive role is a sales role focused on delivering quarterly results and meeting individual budget requirements.
• Generate revenue to the station and its web/digital products from both traditional and non-traditional prospects in the San Antonio market.
• Prospect new business by identifying qualified targets utilizing media monitoring tools and from non-traditional sources such as newspaper, direct mail, radio, OOH and co-op vendor programs.
• Create customized solutions that will satisfy client's marketing needs and achieve a high level of results
• Participation in station special events is required.
• Possess strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) throughout the sales process while targeting local direct and agency accounts.
• Service and grow existing accounts.
• Develop and grow strong client relationships.
• Complete tasks such as posting, weekly forecasting, reporting, new business trackers, and credit/collection of all accounts.
• Coordinate with production crew on creating spots and assist with production as necessary.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in business development
• 3 plus years of experience in direct sales
• 3 plus years of experience in designing creative solutions to meet client's needs, including digital solutions
• 3 plus years of experiencing creating and facilitating sales pitches that articulate a custom solution to client needs and station benefits
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3 plus years of experience in broadcast media sales
• Digital experience and knowledge of the digital landscape preferred
• Qualified candidates should have self-motivation, resourcefulness and creativity
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
• Working knowledge of broadcast ratings and research preferred
• Ability to handle deadline pressure
• Should be a team player, willing to share knowledge and affect team growth
• Strong multi-platform skills and very solid selling skills
• Bilingual- English and Spanish
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vkyx-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.