- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Account Executive is responsible for partnering with local clients, both on the agency level and direct, to create innovative and unique multi-platform marketing and advertising solutions that target a client's demographics and products/services. The Account Executive role is a sales role focused on delivering quarterly results and meeting individual budget requirements.
• Generate revenue to the station and its web/digital products from both traditional and non-traditional prospects in the San Antonio market.
• Prospect new business by identifying qualified targets utilizing media monitoring tools and from non-traditional sources such as newspaper, direct mail, radio, OOH and co-op vendor programs.
• Create customized solutions that will satisfy client's marketing needs and achieve a high level of results
• Participation in station special events is required.
• Possess strong communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) throughout the sales process while targeting local direct and agency accounts.
• Service and grow existing accounts.
• Develop and grow strong client relationships.
• Complete tasks such as posting, weekly forecasting, reporting, new business trackers, and credit/collection of all accounts.
• Coordinate with production crew on creating spots and assist with production as necessary.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in business development
• 2 years of experience in direct sales.
• 2 years of experience in designing creative solutions to meet client's needs, including digital solutions.
• 2 years of experiencing creating and facilitating sales pitches that articulate a custom solution to client needs and station benefits.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have access to a vehicle and excellent driving history. Must provide proof current valid U.S. driver's license, vehicle insurance, and registration as requested
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or related field from an accredited university.
• 3 plus years of experience in broadcast media sales .
• Digital experience and knowledge of the digital landscape preferred.
• Qualified candidates should have self-motivation, resourcefulness and creativity.
• Working knowledge of broadcast ratings and research preferred.
• Ability to handle deadline pressure.
• Should be a team player, willing to share knowledge and affect team growth.
• Strong multi-platform skills and very solid selling skills.
• Bilingual- English and Spanish.