Digital Sales Planner
Universal City, CA
The Programmatic & Partnerships Sales team is responsible for leveraging programmatic advertising technology to deliver personalized and addressable advertising at scale across NBCUniversal's broad portfolio of owned and operated properties and platforms. Consumer adoption of streaming and Connected TV has significantly accelerated, creating monetization opportunities for ad-supported content creators. Growing Connected TV viewership also translates to more opportunities for advertisers to stream their advertising alongside premium content, and do so via programmatic channels. The Programmatic division of AdSales focuses on NBCU's market leading position as the creator of the most premium, professionally produced content in market, that combined with scale and rich customer data, delivers unparalleled results for all marketers and brands locally, nationally, and globally.
Programmatic Sales offers a unique opportunity to join a highly visible team that is a significant driver of the overall company's current and future growth. This Account Director will report into VP, Programmatic Partnership Sales, and will be a member of an ambitious, fast paced team in hyper growth mode that is focused on serving the needs of major holding companies, independent agencies, mid-tier and performance marketers, DSPs, and marketers who have in housed programmatic buying.
The ideal candidate has several years of programmatic experience earning, retaining, growing revenue across various inventory ad formats, devices and screens, as well as buying models (Private Marketplace, Programmatic Guaranteed). In addition to generating revenue, the candidate should be a passionate, patient disruptor, change agent, and educator, who knows how to counsel, coach, and instill comfort and confidence in data enabled automated buying and selling. The role also requires significant collaboration and coordination with cross-functional teams and the ideal candidate values an ad tech start up team culture, changing legacy mindsets, and exploring new way of doing things in order to stay in front of a fast-paced industry and company environment during a transformative point in time.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Delivering against multi-hundred million dollar programmatic revenue and upfront digital budgets
• Creating, executing, and managing OTT and Connected TV programmatic campaigns
• Serving as a subject matter expert and evangelist on important programmatic business trends, best practices, ad technologies, and NBCU specific capabilities. Serve as the primary resource for internal teams and sales colleagues across business units
• Prospecting and driving new demand and revenue through Private Marketplace and Programmatic Guaranteed activation methods
• Leading programmatic selling efforts to all relevant buy side advertising partners: DSPs, Agency PBUs & Precision groups, brand marketers
• Cultivating existing programmatic & partner relationships to maximize revenue opportunities
• Collaborating with strategy, campaign management, product, and operations to manage deal health, trouble-shoot as needed, provide bid guidance, and be solutions-forward on how to increase revenue through deal optimization
• Ensuring timely, accurate, and successful delivery of programmatic campaigns. Troubleshoot any issues with clients and proactively seek to prevent delivery and performance concerns
• Educating clients as well as management and oversight with regards to programmatic platforms, products, and campaign best practices
• 8+ years in digital advertising, with 6+ years of direct experience in the programmatic media ecosystem (including exchanges, ad networks, DSPs, SSPs, DMPs, CTV platforms)
• In-depth experience in programmatic video and OTT & CTV sales, including strong grasp of OTT monetization and measurement
• Deep understanding of the online advertising ecosystem including audience targeting, the programmatic landscape, and different media types, with a specific emphasis on Video/OTT
• Understanding of the technologies behind programmatic monetization
• Organic desire to continually learn about and stay up to speed with industry trends and new areas of revenue growth
• Expertise in creating value and differentiation in the market and understanding where, why, and how clients are focused on audience targeting, automation, and decisioned media
• Senior-level relationships across the OTT ecosystem with all major programmatic players (agencies, in house teams, DSPs.). Deep understanding of the agency and client landscape, as well as ad-tech; comfort driving opportunity in all contexts
• Ability to interpret programmatic data patterns and bid metrics (delivery, bid rates, win rates, etc.)
• Outstanding communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. Team player with the ability to communicate and translate technical concepts clearly, concisely, and effectively, both in writing and verbally, with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to take a data-driven and consultative approach to maximizing revenue across a broad portfolio of premium properties on all platforms
• Highly analytical, strategic thinker, problem solver with strong attention to detail
• Comfortable supporting a large book of business across a wide variety of clients and agency accounts
• Entrepreneurial team player with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic with ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment. Ability to thrive in a team-oriented startup environment
• Ability to work independently with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain forward momentum and lead projects independently from start to finish,
• Exceptional verbal, written, presentation and communication skills with ability to translate technical concepts clearly and concisely for a broad audience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nj09-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.