San Diego, CA
• Conceptualize stories with story producers, reporters, and talent
• Critique production, writing and editing of news stories.
• Work with newscast directors, creative, promotion and news staff to coordinate production of the newscast.
• Produce newscasts and other broadcast content in an automated production control environment
• Edit news content using non-linear editing equipment.
• Manage the newscast story producers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as broadcast producer
• Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or related field
• At least 1 year prior news editing experience
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and write intros and leads to video online content
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP style writing and guidelines
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Strong organizational skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal preferred