- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Associate Producer will work closely with producers to desktop edit, write and produce news content for all NBC 6 platforms. Additionally, provide fill in for line producers.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Conceptualize and write news stories.
• Coordinate script and storyline with correct video sources and graphics.
• Log news and inform the producer of available material that can be used in their newscast.
• Write breaking-news under short deadline.
• A Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 1 year experience writing, producing and editing (non-linear) on an electronic news producing system.
• Must be willing to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays on short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the station in the Miramar location.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• No relocation benefits available.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong news writing skills.
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Able to work extended and flexible hours during hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news.
• Experience in a news environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Strong computer skills.
• Passion to develop and present story ideas.