Freelance Operations Logistics Assistant - Olympic Games - NBC Sports
The Technical Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting logistical operations related to the Beijing Olympic Games.
This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are complete.
• Warehousing logistics and facility material handling, picking, packing and shipping, moving equipment pallets, boxes
• Support Technical Logistics department with asset tracking and control
• Assist with pulling and staging technical and non-technical equipment and production supply orders
• Assist with shipping and receiving mail, packages and freight
• Assist with inventorying by working on PC and scanning technical equipment
• Assist with security screening goods
• Assist with receiving supplies and tracking purchase orders
• Physically demanding position, must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Support all customers with a high level of service and support
• Additional responsibilities include breaking down boxes, trash removal, and assist with general housekeeping
• College Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum one (1) years' experience as a utility, gaffer, grip, production assistant or related
• Knowledge of television equipment preferred
• Basic knowledge of broadcast or production logistics or related preferred
• Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Windows
• Must satisfy background check requirements
• Must be able to operate forklift or other MHE, training provided if necessary
• Willingness to work overtime and must be able to work weekends and Holidays
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, Connecticut
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Possess a high level of initiative, strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player
• Must be detail and deadline oriented
• Must have a strong work ethic
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pp43-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.