Freelance, Social Media Coordinator – NBC Sports Group, Olympics
A Social Media Coordinator on NBC Sports social media team owns the flow of content ideation, publication and tracking of social content for a series of the company's major properties. We are looking for a candidate with an authentic passion for digital media and sports with initiative to join a creative and collaborative environment. Loving sports is great, but loving the intersection of social media, technology, sports and pop culture is even more important. This coordinator will focus on our efforts for the 2021 Summer and 2022 Winter Olympics. It is a freelance role, based primarily remotely with some travel to Stamford, CT, with a timeline running through the end of the 2022 Winter Paralympics.
• Own the day-to-day content creation and community management of our NBC Olympics accounts, including creating and publishing content to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TIkTok and other emerging platforms
• Serve as a key subject-matter expert for all thing's Olympic sports
• Develop and maintain the NBC Olympics sections of the social content calendar
• Execute and contribute to ideation of social sales content activations
• Participate in the ideation and brainstorming of creative and promotional content
• Collaborate with various parts of the larger NBC Sports team, including production, talent, consumer engagement and sales on cross-company efforts
• Analyze week-to-week analytics and demonstrate agility to make content changes based on data
• Assist in strategy and content creation for other NBC Sports social verticals when needed
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Digital Media, or a related field
• Extensive knowledge of sports and internet culture, with a specific focus on the Olympics
• Experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Premiere
• Minimum one (1) year relevant work experience or related internships
(note job #: )
• Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as the sports calendar dictates
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k500-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.