NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We're a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we're fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what's Next.
Reporting to the Sales Director, Ad & Sponsorship, this position will be responsible for generating advertising and sponsorship revenue in addition to building and managing agencies and client relationships. The position is based at the NBC Sports Group headquarters in Stamford, CT.
• Generate advertising and sponsorship revenue through both advertising agencies and direct-to-brand sales channels
• Responsible for managing agencies & client relationships through day-to-day contact
• Drive new business
• Look for opportunities to develop monetizable solutions for clients, and ensure clients receive superior customer service, including new business
• Ongoing collaboration with the account management team to support renewal and growth of current client portfolio
• Coordinate with marketing and ad operations to answer RFP's, create pitches and close new business opportunities
• Clearly communicate and manage expectations internally and externally, while multi-tasking and handling multiple accounts at a time
• Build deep business relationships through continually delivering great service and results to clients
• Ability to continually learn new products as our industry is evolving, and proactively create new opportunities for you to communicate our value proposition to clients
• Generate revenue that meets or exceeds the annual budget and achieve company objectives through strategic and creative means
• Identify and develop strategies for penetrating key accounts and prospects
• 5+ years of media experience including Digital- Mobile, Native, Sponsorships and Performance
• Proven experience in prospecting new clients, generating sales leads and closing the sale
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external partners and constituencies to execute programs in a unified effort using best practices
• Consistent track record of achievement in increasing / maximizing sales revenue and profitability across multiple products and offerings
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Media sales experience and working knowledge in the digital landscape to meet direct sale of our portfolio ad products; including but not limited to: Linear, Streaming, Social/Sponsorships, Mobile
• Analytical / strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity
• Data driven with a solid understanding of digital advertising performance metrics and measurement capabilities.
• Extensive market experience and relationships
• Proven ability to alternate from detailed work to client interaction seamlessly
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, client relationships (at the senior level) and organizational skills
• Self-starter: ability to work very independently, but also fit into a strong team environment
• Proven team player with the ability to take on different assignments/projects in a timely manner
• Dynamic, results-driven leader with a track record of building meaningful partnerships with an expansive network, and an ability to envision and execute on new business opportunities.
Additional Job Requirements
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9j0m7-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.