Associate Content Editor, Gaming News Desk
Freelance Researcher, Paralympics - NBC Sports
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 - 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• The Paralympic researcher is expected to become an expert in the athletes, stories, rules, results and history in every Paralympic sport.
• Develop, compile and circulate information about Paralympic sports and athletes in preparation for NBC's coverage of the Tokyo and Beijing Games.
• Present NBC Sports personnel with regular written updates on Paralympic news and storylines
• Write and edit research documents, including athlete biographies, event analysis and previews.
• Act as a primary contact for editorial guidance and story development. Identify and develop story ideas, gather related research, and fact check scripts.
• Contribute to production and editorial meetings.
• Respond to specific research requests from production personnel, on-air talent, and various NBC entities.
• Prepare talent prior to shows and provide accurate, on-the-spot research during broadcasts.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of on-air content.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in sports information, research, broadcast/print journalism and/or related field
• Strong knowledge of – and interest in – Paralympic sports required
• Proven journalistic writing ability. Submission of writing samples required.
• Demonstrated editorial judgment and fact-checking ability.
• Experience as a senior writer or editor at a college/professional daily newspaper or top line magazine.
• Experience working in a sports information office.
• Experience providing sports information for on-air broadcasters.
• Experience conducting in-person and phone interviews.
• Strong working knowledge of various research sources and methods.
• Proficiency in additional languages.
• Position will be work from home until further notice. Applicants must be willing to work in Stamford, CT at a future date.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience working in one or more Paralympic sports preferred.
• Candidates should be versatile, self-motivated, energetic and able to work well both independently and as part of a group.
• Sound editorial judgment and clear, efficient writing ability.
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, sustain focus on assigned duties and multi-task.
• Must be willing to work long hours and on weekends.