Associate Content Editor, Gaming News Desk
• Develop, compile and circulate information about sports and athletes on NBC Sports Group programming schedule, including but not limited to Golf, Premier League, NFL, Olympics, Paralympics, Horse Racing, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, cycling, and college football, basketball and hockey
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of on-air content/
• Work with producers and on-air talent to develop story ideas, gather story-related research, and fact check scripts (both pre-produced and live broadcast)
• Prepare on-air talent prior to shows, and provide accurate, on the spot information during broadcasts
• Duties include contributing to production and editorial meetings, creating and writing a daily research and story memo for production and talent, and responding to specific research requests
• Researchers are expected to become experts in the stories, athletes, rules, results, and histories in every sport televised by NBC Sports Group
• Be prepared to contribute to research projects across NBC Sports Group properties, as required
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum one (1) year experience in sports information, research, broadcast/print journalism and/or related field
• Submission of writing samples required
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong background in journalism - specifically, experience as a senior writer or editor at a college or professional daily newspaper or top line magazine.
• Experience with providing sports information for on-air broadcasters
• Candidates should be creative and independent thinkers and strong, efficient writers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d885bq-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.