Freelance Programming Coordinator -NBC Sports
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 24 - 36 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Olympics Programming Coordinator will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Olympic Programming for NBC Olympics. The ideal candidate will possess an impeccable attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity, ability to multi-task, and a solid work ethic. The successful candidate will be a good communicator and be able to focus on projects relating to multiple Olympics and Paralympics simultaneously.
• Create, maintain, and edit Olympics- and Paralympics-related schedules and documents for internal and external distribution.
• Keep current on key US and international athletes and storylines.
• Become an expert on the rules and competition formats of all Olympic and Paralympic sports.
• Assist with programming and scheduling for Olympic and Paralympic sports coverage between Games and create and maintain relevant documents.
• Assist programming and production teams with hiring of personnel for Olympic and Paralympic assignments by communicating with hires to receive required information and paperwork.
• Handle administrative duties for SVP and Sr. Manager, as needed.
• Provide phone coverage, coordinate, and schedule meetings.
• Associate or bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Communications, International Relations, Sports Management, or professional experience required
• 1+ years of professional experience (internship experience included)
• Excellent computer skills with the demonstrated ability to navigate new systems and software
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
• Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Must have a strong attention to detail while being deadline-oriented
• Must be extremely organized
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to follow international news and organize information related or important to Olympic Games
• Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office environment, smart sheet, desktop publishing and ability to master in-house database systems (strong administrative skills are key
• Comfort with sports and Olympic research/statistics sources and methods and ability to fact-check in real time
• Team player who is comfortable working with individuals at all levels within the organization
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re2x01-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.