Freelance Production Assistant - NBC Sports
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 - 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting production personnel in all phases of sports production.
• Handle any and all remote and or studio production needs and requests
• Handle some aspects of editing of sports television and/or video segments, including, but not limited to, highlight packages, bumpers and teases, as well as cueing shots and properly securing footage to be used in such segments
• Help coordinate the maintenance and organization of sports television and/or video graphics.
• Assist in daily highlight operation (screening, logging, writing and edit guidance)
• Newsfeed monitoring
• Securing video and audio footage to be used in highlight packages and features
• Learn library and archive system
• Assist in graphic coordination and features production
• Perform required sports research
• Regularly generate and distribute story and show ideas for all shows and platforms
• Participation in all production planning meetings
• Support all phases of production
• Bachelors' Degree
• 1-2 years minimum of professional production experience
• Thorough knowledge of ALL Sports
• Possess a high level of sports knowledge
• Possess a high level of initiative
• Must be a team player
• Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong knowledge and interest in sports television production