Freelance Production Assistant (Olympic Games)- NBC Sports
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting producers and editors in the development and execution of Olympic feature elements which will include long form, short form, and historic lookbacks. The primary focus of these pieces will be sponsored or promotional in nature. This position will be focused on post-production with the possibility of an occasional field or studio assignment.
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 12-18 months unless otherwise amended.
• Assist production personnel in all phases of creating Olympic and Paralympic feature, sales & marketing elements
• Organize all materials for edits (footage, sound, photos, music etc.)
• Assist Editor & Producer throughout edit process
• Track rights and music usage
• Assist in editing pieces, font coordination and sport, photo and video research where required
• Curate library of produced elements
• Collaborate with producer on storytelling aspects of production
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalnt experince
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve
• Minimum six (6) months' experience in production
• Willingness to work occasional OT and have flexibility to work nights and/or weekends & holidays.
• This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite: Stamford, CT OR This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions
• Must be a team player
• Demonstrated background in contributing to complex projects
• Experience with non-linear editing
• Strong knowledge and interest in television production and storytelling; demonstrated appreciation for the Olympics
• Extremely well organized
• Experience with AVID or similar NLE
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Sharp eye for visuals and a fresh taste for music
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxb0vj-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.