New York, NY
Freelance Podcast Editor – NBC Sports
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The podcast editor will be responsible for editing episodes of NBC Sports EDGE's four podcasts: A Good Football Show, Bet the Edge, Roundball Stew and Circling the Bases. The podcast editor will also work with the video, news desk and social media teams to make sure episodes and clips are being surfaced in the appropriate places.
• Maintain high audio quality level across NBC Sports Edge Podcasts
• Post video-enabled podcasts on NBC Sports Edge YouTube channel
• Produce, edit and post audio-only portions of podcasts on Art 19
• Compose written summaries and descriptions of assigned shows
• Locate multiple appropriate ad insertion points during each episode
• Work with news desk and social teams to properly spotlight episodes, video clips and audiograms
• Coordinate with NBC Sports Edge video and audio team to expedite turnaround time for posting podcasts
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Broadcast Journalism or in a relevant field preferred
• 1+ years in podcast/podcast production experience
• Strong knowledge of sports
(note job #: )
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on nights, weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience playing fantasy sports and sports betting
• Strong audio and video editing background
• Experience with Art 19 and YouTube platforms
• Social Media and Photoshop experience a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6np5j-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.