Writer - On Her Turf
Freelance News Desk Digital Producer - NBC Sports
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
NBC Sports Digital is looking for a newsdesk digital producer to join our growing team. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and production of the site, as well as working with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, broadcast) and external stakeholders to ensure proper execution of NBC Sports content.
• Produce and edit content on NBCSports.com as part of a 24/7 sports news cycle, including monitoring wires, editing copy, writing headlines, programming complementary video content and managing day-to-day story placement.
• Publish, optimize, and distribute video across multiple YouTube channels
• Publish, optimize, and distribute video tailored for nbcsports.com and the NBC Sports app
• Consult on production of original digital videos, specifically for YouTube.
• Optimize and package written content for SEO and external partners to maximize sharing, engagement, and video/livestreaming consumption.
• Distribute NBC Sports written and video content via app notifications, YouTube, and external partners.
• Coordinate with external production groups on content distribution across multiple platforms.
• Program editorial content across multiple apps and digital platforms, including connected devices and mobile.
• React to news about core NBC Sports properties, such as Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, Premier League, NHL, Olympics, Notre Dame Football, Golf, etc., and coordinate appropriate coverage with writing and digital video production staffs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or Digital Media or related field
• Minimum two (2) years' experience working in digital media or newsroom, including relevant internships
• Excellent writing and editing skills required
• Experience with Photoshop (working within templates, cropping/resizing photos, etc.)
• Proven SEO experience
• Experience working within YouTube CMS
• Familiarity with Peacock sports programming
• Ability to apply analytical and creative thinking to daily tasks
• Ability to work long hours as needed, including weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• In-depth knowledge of successful digital content strategies
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to watch our network and view our website on a regular basis
• General understanding of digital livestreaming platforms
• Basic knowledge of core NBC Sports properties, such as Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, Premier League, NHL, Olympics, Notre Dame Football, Golf, strongly preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r715k9-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.