The Digital Video Production Assistant is part of the core video production team, reporting to the NBC Sports Director, Digital Content & Strategy. The role includes day-to-day editing of original sports video and highlights for distribution across all of NBC Sports' digital platforms.
• Edit highlight packages in real time
• Clip segments from NBC Sports studio shows such as Pro Football Talk
• Respond to video requests from writers, producers, news desk, etc.
• Assist in the creation of sales/sponsored content
• Assist in the editing of original content initiatives by creating graphics and finding footage
• Proactively pitch and execute new original video concepts
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or relevant experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of sports
• Minimum two (2) years' work experience in television production, and/or digital media production
• Minimum two (2) years' experience working in an Avid editing environment
• Expert in Avid environment, edit while capture and Interplay, a shared edit environment
• Creatively proficient in Photoshop
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as schedule is based on the NBC Sports live event schedule
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Must have exhibited in past roles the willingness to provide a new approach to editorial process
• A true team player, who thrives on mentoring and teaching other team members technical and creative skills; an individual who thrives in a team-based culture
• Should be flexible and be able to work under deadline pressure
• Exhibits a passion for sports and sports media
• Strong knowledge of professional and college sports, athletes, teams, etc.
• Continue to develop skill sets needed to regularly and independently take on other positions and/or responsibilities associated with specific projects and/or shows
• Familiarity and/or previous experience working inside a television control room.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kz61-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.