Digital Affiliate Editor, Olympic Games
Freelance Digital Highlight Producer/Editor – Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Highlight Producer/Editor is responsible for assisting in the production, operation, editing and delivery of both live and on-demand digital media for NBCOlympics.com, NBCSports.com and related partner sites.
• Working on a variety of events related to 2021 Tokyo Olympics
• Producing highlights and other short-form video clips using AVID media composer from live Olympic events.
• Publishing clips and delivering digital files to numerous partner outlets
• Downloading and cropping photos
• Organizing digital files as well as tape library
• Minimum 1 year video-production experience in sports media
• Minimum 1 year experience with Avid editing system
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
• Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Experience creating highlights from a variety of sports a plus
• Working knowledge of Photoshop photo editing program
• Strong knowledge of Olympic sports as well as current sports landscape and historical knowledge of major sports
• Proficiency at identifying best shots and soundbites
• Familiarity with basic computer tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet research
• General sense of Web content management systems
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure, to meet deadlines and multi-task
• Strong communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment