Multi-Platform Promo Coordinator
PLEASE NOTE: This is a part-time position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
This position is part of the core publishing team for NBC Sports Regional Networks. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and publishing of content to the RSN's collection of sites and apps. This position will also work with NBC Sports' partners on the distribution of content.
• Edit digital content as part of a 24/7 sports news cycle, including monitoring wires, editing copy, writing headlines and selecting complementary content such as photos and video
• Package and optimize content for the app and websites to maximize sharing, engagement and traffic from search
• Coordinate with the RSN editorial, video and product teams to formulate best practices for the display and distribution of their content
• Work with RSNs on how to best position and promote live streaming events
• Collaborate with internal and external distribution partners to maximize the reach of RSN content
• Identify stories worthy of push notifications and craft compelling copy to inform and entertain users
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related field, or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in packaging content for a digital audience, editing written content for publication, and headline writing for web/apps
• Demonstrated proficiency with Photoshop or other photo-editing software
(note job #: )
• Willingness to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work well on deadline
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment.
• Deep knowledge across all major American sports, including NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and MLS
• Must be a team player