Digital Affiliate Editor, Olympic Games
Freelance Digital Affiliate Sales Specialist, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time or approximately 1 year between January 2021 – March 2022, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Affiliate Digital Sales Producer will work with the sales teams of local NBC affiliate stations across the U.S. in the lead up to and during the Tokyo Summer Olympics in 2021 and the Beijing Winter Olympics in 2022. During Summer and Winter Olympics, NBC affiliates across the country have the opportunity to run geo-targeted local digital advertising-for example, video ads for a Tampa car dealer seen by viewers in Tampa-in NBC Olympics live streams. The Sales Producer will be responsible for implementing the local digital campaigns in Olympic live streams as well as serving as a point of contact for the NBC affiliates. This position will report to the NBC Sports Digital Affiliate and Distribution Manager and is part of the at-home digital team for NBC Olympics in our Stamford, CT headquarters.
• Serve as a liaison between the sales staffs of NBC affiliates, NBC Sales Operations and various teams within NBC Olympics and NBC Sports
• Support the sales staffs of over 200 local NBC affiliate stations in the lead-up to the Tokyo Summer Olympics and Beijing Winter Olympics by distributing information regarding available sales inventory on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, answering questions on sales rules and creative specifications, providing historical data on campaigns that ran in the live streams of past Olympics, etc.
• Coordinate the implementation of local ad campaigns on the digital platforms of NBC Olympics through all steps of the campaign trafficking process:
• Guide the sales staffs of local NBC affiliate stations through submission of campaign details and creative to NBC Olympics
• Review and QA all pieces of creative (video spots and display ads) that are submitted by the affiliates to ensure they adhere to the Olympic digital sales rules and specs
• Transcode pre-roll and mid-roll video creative
• Traffic campaigns in Freewheel
• Manage and organize testing calls between the NBC affiliate stations and the NBC Sports Streaming Operations team to ensure all campaigns have been trafficked correctly
• Assist in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with local affiliate campaigns or creative
• May be called on to provide editorial or marketing support to the affiliates during the Olympics (i.e. publishing affiliate video packages, distributing highlights, answering questions about local athletes or competition schedules, assisting the NBC Affiliate Marketing team)
• Following the Olympics, generate affiliate-specific reports with the performance metrics of their local digital ad campaigns (i.e. sales campaign views and clicks, unique visitors to the NBC Olympics live streams from the local markets, etc.).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum one (1) year experience in digital media, preferably with digital sales operations experience
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite environment (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Unfailingly professional demeanor while representing NBC Sports and NBC Olympics
• Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
• Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Technologically proficient; familiarity with ad-serving systems (i.e. Freewheel), web publishing tools and HTML
• Strong knowledge of and background in sports generally, as well as interest in Olympic sports and the NBC Olympics brand
• Experience managing a high volume of projects and requests simultaneously
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
• Ability to problem solve and handle time-sensitive situations effectively
• Experience with project management
• Candidates should be versatile, self-motivated, energetic and able to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team