We are currently seeking bright, motivated professionals to join our fast-paced, high growth and passionate sales team as a Business Development Representative (BDR) selling our SportsEngine product. Our BDR team sets the pace for our sales team, is responsible for the first impression to youth sport administrators, executes a high-volume, high-quality sales strategy, that results in handing off qualified prospects to the Sales Rep teams. If you have a passion for sales, technology, excellent communication skills, and a drive to succeed, we would love to talk to you about our BDR position.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We're a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we're fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
NBC Sports Next includes three groups. This role is part of our Youth & Recreational Sports group.
Youth & Recreational Sports is comprised of technology platforms, such as SportsEngine, GoMotion, TourneyMachine, and TeamUnify that enable athletes, parents, coaches and team administrators in the youth and recreational space to manage their organizations, collect payments, share schedules, find programs to participate in and connect with other families. Additionally, NCSI enables leagues and organizations to properly screen and train coaches in an effort to keep kids safe.
• Engage and consult with sports administrators to help them identify meaningful ways to improve their organizations with SportsEngine software.
• Develop a deep understanding of the industry, sports administrators, our sales strategy, and leverage provided tech stack to execute high touch, high-quality activity cadence resulting in 80+ customer interactions daily.
• Create interest with customers directly via telephone and email learning about their challenges, position our products as solutions, and create new selling opportunities.
• Own your results. Unwavering personal daily effort standards so that coaching centers around goals, sales skills & career growth.
• Continue to gain advanced product and market knowledge to differentiate yourself and SportsEngine as both a technical and business fit.
• Build trusting relationships with Sales Representative to develop territory strategy and execution plan.
• Collaborate with the entire sales team to support assigned territory and facilitate the overall success of the team.
• Maintain accurate daily record of sales activity using Salesforce.com and sales engagement / automation platforms such as SalesLoft or Outreach.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated passion for sales, learning, and growth
• Aptitude to engage with customers in a high energy environment with 80+ engagements each day
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• 1+ years experience in sales, a plus
• Demonstrated ability to accept coaching and feedback, as well as use feedback to pivot and grow
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment to effectively manage your time to yield sales within assigned territory
• Experience collaborating with and supporting colleagues, within sales and cross departmentally
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership thinking
• Previous customer service, support or client facing experience
• Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM (Strongly Preferred)
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Understanding/experience with sales engagement platforms such as Tout, Outreach, or SalesLoft
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8401-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.