The Associate Content Producer will be part of the development team which works to produce informative, engaging, and entertaining content across all our platforms.
• Independently responsible for editing multi-platform video segments, including, but not limited to, highlight packages, features, bumpers and teases, as well as cueing shots and properly securing footage to be used in such segments
• Assist Content Producers in the generation of show rundowns
• Brainstorm, draft and pitch content ideas for use across all SNY platforms
• Develop skills necessary to produce both long and short form content across platforms
• Identify and grow skills required to serve as a Content Supervisor when assigned
• Preparation and execution of daily Breaking News coverage
• Work closely with on-air talent
• Function quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines
• Handle the high-stress, live situations (in and out of the control room) in a positive and constructive manner with peers, management, and across teams
• Minimum 3 years of experience in sports newsroom environment
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, Media Manager, Cloud UX
• Experience with editing platforms including Avid and Premiere
• Must be willing to work non-traditional shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Thorough knowledge of sports, both locally and nationally
• Experience editing news content
• Positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks a must
• Solid editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bk4y-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.