Craft Editor / Producer
Universal City, CA
NBC News Digital Newsgathering unit is looking for our next great digital video producer. This is a wonderful opportunity to work at the core of NBC News's newsgathering operation in a highly collaborative environment, producing video content for NBCNews.com and mobile and social platforms.
• Monitor and review incoming feeds, NBC/MSNBC off-air and digital streaming channels publishing relevant clips to be embedded on articles and blogs, as well as delivery to external partners and platforms.
• Edit user-generated videos adding graphics to enhance context and reporting.
• Prepare onscreen graphics (banner, locator, identifier) for supplemental live streams.
• Route feeds for simulcasts, live streams and/or recording purposes.
• Write text to be used for headlines and captions as well as on screen graphics.
• Select, edit and publish images to promote video clips.
• Resurface relevant past interviews and footage from the archives.
• Use analytics tools to help make data-informed decisions, helping to maximize ROI.
• Help teams identify and address problems quickly when they arise.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
• Minimum three years of experience producing, editing video for social and mobile platforms
• Proficiency in nonlinear editing systems (Avid/Premiere/Final Cut)
• Strong journalistic writing skills and editorial judgment
• Familiarity with AP Style and SEO best practices
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Strong knowledge of and interest in current events and a superior eye for spotting compelling video
• Experience crafting fair and accurate headlines and informative captions
• Basic photo editing skills
• Familiarity with analytics tools
• Strong organizational skills and work ethic
• Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments well under extreme deadlines
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be able to provide examples of work
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Speedy decision-making and quick reactions to newsworthy topics
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or other
discipline emphasizing storytelling and multimedia creation or equivalent level relevant experience
• Further background in broadcast news production
• Knowledge of NBC News policies guidelines and practices