We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As Video Distribution and Curation Specialist, you will work alongside your team to oversee the distribution of videos for NBC News and MSNBC brands, working with various internal and external partners to ensure all videos syndicate successfully and are optimized for each platform. You will also manage both livestreams and VOD on our websites, mobile apps, OTT apps and on YouTube.
This is an evening shift. The working hours are 3:30pm to 11:30pm PT.
• Curate video across NBC News Digital's owned platforms as well as off-net platforms and partner sites
• Collaborate with home page and mobile editors to elevate video where appropriate
• Work with broadcast and digital producers to identify the best moments from evening MSNBC and NBC News shows while ensuring clipping restrictions are met
• Manage OTT curation for our brands and update throughout the shift
• Publish and optimize YouTube VOD and live products from Today, NBC News & MSNBC to meet strategic business and audience goals
• Monitor competitors for best practices in the rapidly evolving video landscape
• Optimize video metadata to align with individual platform best practices
• Provide impactful feedback on current operational workflows to improve efficiency and accuracy
• Analyze performance metrics for video consumption and translate into strategic recommendations
• 2+ years of experience in digital video programming and distribution experience
• Strong editorial judgment and deep understanding of domestic and international current issues
• Deep interest in editorial, opinion and lifestyle video content
• Expertise in News programming for YouTube, TV apps, mobile and desktop websites
• Strong headline writing skills and able to adhere to style guidelines
• Familiarity with video publishing and production tools
• Able to track and apply performance metrics
• Self-motivated and willing to work for periods of time alone
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant working experience
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 - $80,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0wz1-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.