Weekend Editor, Digital
New York, NY
As a Specialist of Video Distribution and Curation, you will be responsible for curating, publishing and producing NBC News and MSNBC videos on YouTube, owned OTT apps, and other digital syndication partners such as Peacock. For this role, we are looking for someone with firsthand knowledge of YouTube publishing, video production and OTT platforms.
• Publish and edit video for MSNBC and NBC News YouTube channels.
• Edit thumbnails and work with marketing and design units to coordinate graphic thumbnail options.
• Manage playlists on site and on YouTube to elevate what viewers want to watch in the moment.
• Collaborate with platform editors to elevate the best video of the day on site and on mobile apps.
• Send pitch notes and be in daily communication with syndication partners for daily news and special event coverage.
• Curate multiple owned OTT apps for Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV and Android TV.
• Ensure video clip syndication is successful for VOD assets and resolve when necessary.
• Monitor competitors for best practices in the rapidly evolving OTT landscape.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience publishing and promoting video
on the Web and digital platforms
- Deep understanding of YouTube publishing tools and
- Able to work with non-linear video editing programs like
AVID Media Composer and Adobe Premiere.
- Strong journalistic standards and editorial judgment
- Experience with content management/online publishing systems.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong headline writing skills and ability to adhere to style guidelines.
- Able to work late evening/overnight hours, 6:30 pm to
2:30 am ET.