We are looking for a senior software engineer to help us build the future of NBC News Digital's websites. We are looking for engineers that can help us on any level of our stack including (but not limited to) APIs and services, editorial tools, etc.
NBC News Digital is great home for proactive engineers who can collaborate and inspire other engineers across several different teams. This role will be focused on technical decision making, leading work that affects one or more complex systems and mission-critical workflows.
You will create the tools, infrastructure and digital experiences for one of the most trusted and wide-reaching news sources in the world. From building tools that empower reporters and editors to creating innovative, engaging, high-performance web and mobile experiences, our engineers are the backbone of NBC News, MSNBC, E! Online, and the TODAY show's online presence.
We work with technologies like Node.js, React, Java GoLang, GraphQL, Mongo, Elastic Search, AWS and more. We're also committed to collaboration - engineers here partner with product managers, designers, other engineers, and reporters to deliver great software experiences for our users.
• Build, test, review, and ship software for our platforms, including our suite of APIs and microservices, and editorial tools.
• Collaborate on the design of system architecture, data models, data flows, schemas and API contracts.
• Successfully plan & execute projects involving multiple developers and complex requirements.
• Identify, define, and solve strategic problems, thinking holistically about the whole system and tackling tech debt proactively.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years of development experience
• 4+ years with GoLang, Java, or Node.js
• 2+ years of experience with database technologies including MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
• Rich understanding of RESTful based services
• Experience with one major cloud framework - GCP, Azure or AWS.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in person, team chat, email and meetings
• Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies such as junit, Mockito, or Jest
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience using multiple programming languages.
• Experience with serverless technologies such as lambda.
• Understanding of object-oriented design patterns. (With a focus on the Gang of Four design patterns)
• Web development experience. (React a plus)
• Desire to both learn and teach new concepts as part of a team.
• Experience with data migration.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5zx3-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.