NBC News Digital is seeking video producers to create and distribute native short-form video across NBC News and MSNBC's social media accounts, with a particular knack for what does well on TikTok and Instagram.
The ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of social media and how to package social video of all types across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. They will have experience editing content in the style of each platform, and understand what type of video engages audiences who don't ever stop swiping and scrolling. They will know a compelling visual moment when they see one - whether it's harrowing breaking news footage, a must-watch interview, or something light and buzzy - and be able to produce it quickly.
The producers will work directly with reporters and network talent to gather video from the field and behind the scenes to create social-first content. They will be responsible for identifying and clipping must-see moments from NBC News and MSNBC air and live video feeds. When news breaks, the producers will post native social video to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok. The role requires impeccable editorial judgment and multitasking under pressure.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA and will be based in New York or Los Angeles, though candidates from around the country will be considered.
• Create and distribute native social video on NBC News and MSNBC's social accounts
• Clip, edit and produce short-form social video in ideal specifications for various platforms
• Identify must-watch news moments, emerging stories, viral moments and social trends
• Write compelling and accurate social copy and captions
• Post content to all social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter
• Coordinate with other teams to collect assets and create content
• Keep up to date on industry trends, strategies and production methods
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and comparable work
• 2 or more years of experience working in social media or digital
• Demonstrable experience creating shareable content
• Extensive knowledge of the digital space, with
experience building audiences on TikTok and Instagram
• Familiarity with editing in Adobe Premiere
• Strong news judgment and excellent writing and
• Awareness of NBC News and MSNBC personalities and
• Ability to abide by NBC News and MSNBC's social media
• Flexible and comfortable multitasking during high-
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm11xm-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.