NBC News Digital is seeking a creative, social media whiz to keep Stay Tuned's social audiences engaged and up-to-date on Instagram and TikTok with must-share video and posts.
The ideal candidate lives on Instagram and TikTok and will have demonstrated success building a following on Instagram and TikTok and know how to organically package Stay Tuned and NBC News' world-class journalism for digital-native audiences who've only ever consumed news by swiping and scrolling through feeds.
They will have experience editing social video and understand what types of video audiences find deeply engaging and shareable. The role is best suited for a creative thinker who speaks the language of the social platforms and knows how to package meaty topics for a social audience. They'll love seeing a well-crafted video or post go viral.
The producer will work directly with Stay Tuned anchors and the Stay Tuned team to create social content that can live across platforms, and will coordinate with the Stay Tuned editors to repackage interviews, reporter hits and other show content that can live exclusively on social. They will have a strong understanding of social analytics, and be able to provide feedback on content performance. The role requires a familiarity with the Stay Tuned brand and voice, and solid editorial judgment.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA and is based in New York.
• Lead Stay Tuned's social media presence, particularly on Instagram and TikTok
• Produce, edit and post short-form video for Instagram and TikTok
• Write compelling and accurate social copy and captions
• Work with anchors and reporters to develop social content
• Execute promotion of interviews and exclusive content
• Identify viral stories and emerging trends and know what works where and how to promote it
• Coordinate with Stay Tuned editors on story ideas and social-first content
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and comparable work
• 1 or more years' experience working in social media or digital media
• Excellent writing skills, solid news judgment and a
• Familiarity with the Stay Tuned voice and talent
• Experience creating shareable content
• Working knowledge of basic video editing
• Understanding of the digital space, especially TikTok and
• Strong organizational and communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g333v9-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.