Reporter, NBC Out
New York, NY
This position will support audience development initiatives for the NBC News Digital Group (specifically NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC). This role will collaborate with editorial, product and tech teams across the brands to ensure best practices for SEO. These responsibilities extend across our commerce and news editorial teams, so candidates should be comfortable connecting strategy to business objectives.
• Daily research of trending news topics
• Analyze data and form insights about audience behavior and site metrics
• Prepare SEO-focused content recommendations to capitalize on emerging trends
• Participate in regular editorial meetings and collaborate with editors
• Write meta tags, titles and descriptions for web pages
• Support process for rapid response to search and social trends, including identifying them quickly and communicating them to editorial teams
• Monitor and track progress of organic search keywords and pages
• Periodically conduct technical SEO audits to ensure crawlability.
• Use search tools such as Google Keyword Planner, Search Console, Publisher Center, Screaming Frog and Brightedge
• Track competitive trends and competitor keywords
• Bachelor's degree or Equivalent Experience
• Minimum 2 year(s) of experience working in audience d
development, SEO, or other related fields
• Comprehensive understanding of each element of
organic (algorithms, ranking factors, copy writing,
• Proficient with Google Trends, Google Webmaster Tools,
Brightedge, Microsoft Excel and Dropbox
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to think strategically and develop creative
solutions to research challenges
• Strong organization, project management and time
management skills as well as the ability to multitask.
• Team player with a strong work ethic
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k60n-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.