Website Designer / Copywriter, Business Services
Universal City, CA
The diverse journalism at NBC News Digital helps audiences make sense of the moment while making better, more informed decisions. Commerce is an exciting area of growth in our editorial, and the NBC News Group is seeking an SEO Manager to join our Audience Development team and support our consumer-focused coverage. This SEO Manager will become a strategy partner to our Shop TODAY and Select teams, helping editors prepare stories for search, analyze developing trends, and source ideas for research and development. The team is looking for a business-minded thought leader who understands the importance of search intent to content discovery.
The team works in NYC, but the role is open to remote candidates.
• Build SEO workflows with editors to best prepare new content for search indexing
• Lead training sessions with editors to help them think about ways to integrate search signals into the writing process
• Recommend experiments to capitalize on seasonal consumer trends
• Collaborate with the Digital Analytics team on trends reports
• Prepare recommendations to update on-page elements, including headlines and descriptions
• Share ongoing updates to help Select editors understand what's working and what needs work
• At least three years of SEO strategy experience, with a strong emphasis on commerce content
• Experience in Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or a comparable web measurement toolset
• Familiar with search-specific tools, including Brightedge, SEMRush, and Botify
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing and the connection between user clicks and revenue
• Strong content strategy experience, with a strong emphasis on search distribution and discoverability
• Editorial sensibility ranging from news to lifestyle and commerce
• Strong interest in marketplace research to keep new ideas flowing with editorial partners
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, balancing daily deliverables and long-term strategic gains
• Able to contribute at high levels strategically and operationally
• Quick study who can flex approach with comfort and ease
• Strong point of view, ok saying ''no'' when priorities don't align
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp19mo-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.