Executive Producer, Podcasts
New York, NY
The NBC News and MSNBC team is seeking an experienced Senior Producer with strong editorial judgment, a passion for news and politics, ability to work in a fast-paced news environment and experience producing narrative audio journalism. This is an ideal position for a seasoned producer looking to broaden their skills as an editor while still contributing to the daily production of the podcast.
The producer will be expected to work closely with the show's host to craft the editorial arc of each episode and to direct junior producers in the sound gathering, script writing and tape editing needed to produce each episode. This position also requires that some work be done with minimal editorial supervision. The Senior Producer must have top notch Pro Tools skills.
This is a chance to help create an ''audio first'' culture within a new and growing unit.
Please include a cover letter and links to relevant work samples in your application.
• Helps guide shape, look and sound of episodes
• Contributes to daily editorial planning
• Consistently generates timely and well researched pitches
• Initiates, plans and produces program material for that day's episode and for future episodes with minimal editorial supervision
• Work closely with more junior producers to delegate production tasks, write and edit scripts and edit sound and structure of episodes
• Collaborate with host to develop ideas, refine scripts and successfully execute interviews and host tracking
• Willing to work on all aspects of audio production including recording, finding clips, editing, mixing, and publication
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Two years editing or equivalent experience
• Five or more years of experience, reporting or producing
• Strong knowledge of politics and current events
• Understanding of journalistic ethics and best practices
• Experience editing podcasts or other audio journalism
• Technical expertise in ProTools and Apple computers
• Must be willing to work varied shifts as news changes
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under deadline
• Collaborative attitude and strong communication skills